My Service:
I create birthday cakes, at no charge, for needy children/teens in San Diego.

My Story:
Not long ago, I read about an organization that bakes cakes for needy children. I loved the idea of such a service, and after some extensive research, I was surprised to discover that no such organization exists in San Diego. I thought ‘Why not bring this type of service to San Diego? After all, every child deserves that individual recognition on such a special day and what better way for me to give back to the community when I love baking?”


I especially love baking cakes and creating fun and imaginative decorating themes and designs for the cake. My two sons, ages 6 and 7, enjoy being a part of the collaborative, creative process (and devouring what remains from the utensils, bowls… need I say more?) and my husband delights in tasting our creations!

After working as a speech pathologist in the Sweetwater Union School district, I decided to try my hand at baking cakes. I received my Food Handler’s Certificate from the San Diego County Department of Environmental Health and I have worked in various bed and breakfasts creating pastries and desserts alongside professional chefs.

Although my cakes may not be as elaborate as those you may see in bakery windows, they are created with love and care and are delicious!



How Can You Help?:

Ask your neighbors, friends and coworkers if they know of any family or child that may benefit from this free service.

Saturday, April 16, 2011























1 comment:

  1. OMG I think what you are doing is amazing! your cakes are beautiful not only by decorations but with the simple fact they are made with Sincerity by you and your family.Also I think it is awesome to give back in the community where you live. I am a facilitator for CASEY Families running a support group for parents who are in the system, Im sure I could find you some parents who would appreciate and benefit from your service. Wow how awesome are you. thanks for your help. Leticia McDowell -email- lcmcdowell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete